June 28, 2021

DOVEMOUNT ROUNDABOUT PLANS

BEAR Scotland met with members of the Hawick community this week to discuss plans for improving Dovemount Roundabout, which acts as an important gateway to the town on the A7. The trunk road operating company, which took on responsibility for trunk roads in South East Scotland in August 2020 in the midst of the first … Continued

June 23, 2021

INTERNATIONAL WOMEN IN ENGINEERING DAY

“I wanted to go into construction, I wanted to see how properties were built and how things were put together effectively. When I started my career the Queensferry Crossing was actually being constructed – so that was another thing that pushed me into engineering.”   To celebrate International Women in Engineering Day we spoke … Continued

May 28, 2021

BEAR SCOTLAND HOLDS RECRUITMENT ‘DRIVE-THRU DROP-IN’

As part of its ongoing recruitment push, BEAR Scotland is hosting a ‘drive-thru drop-in’ at its brand-new Bonnyrigg depot, south of Edinburgh, giving potential candidates the chance to find out more about opportunities in a COVID-friendly way. Drive-thru drop in: Where: BEAR Depot, 4A Butlerfield Industrial Estate, Bonnyrigg, EH19 3JQ When: 16:00-20:00 Wed 9 June … Continued

May 24, 2021

BEAR supports C2C24 Challenge for My Name’5 Doddie Foundation

BEAR Scotland is sponsoring the Coast to Coast in 24 hours challenge (C2C24) team who are fundraising for My Name’5 Doddie Foundation in the fight against Motor Neurone Disease. On June 5, a team of eight will attempt to travel 174 miles from Portpatrick on Scotland’s west coast to Cockburnspath on the east coast within … Continued

May 20, 2021

A96 LHANBRYDE TO FOCHABERS FOOTWAY AND CYCLEWAY PROJECT

A new section of footway and cycleway on the A96   **PLEASE NOTE, CONSULTATION FOR THIS PROJECT HAS NOW CLOSED.  FURTHER INFORMATION WILL BE SHARED LATER THIS YEAR**   BEAR Scotland was commissioned by Transport Scotland to undertake a review of the cycle facilities on A96 near Lhanbryde, Moray. This followed concerns raised by a … Continued

May 14, 2021

BEAR SCOTLAND HELP RAISE OVER £4,300 FOR SCOTLAND’S CHARITY AIR AMBULANCE AFTER VIRTUAL KILTWALK SUCCESS

A 21-strong team from BEAR Scotland helped to raise over £4,300 for Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance (SCAA) by taking on Scotland’s Virtual Kiltwalk for the first time.   This was the first year that BEAR Scotland put forward a team for the annual Kiltwalk event, which had ‘gone virtual’ due to the Covid-19 restrictions in … Continued

May 10, 2021

NEW JOB OPPORTUNITIES AT BEAR SCOTLAND

Looking for a new career?  We’re hiring! BEAR Scotland is bolstering its workforce in communities across South East Scotland, recruiting up to 50 new Highway Maintenance Operatives. BEAR has depots in the region at Rosyth, Queensferry, Bonnyrigg, Burghmuir near Linlithgow, St Boswells, Eyemouth and Chryston near Moodiesburn. Last year BEAR Scotland began an eight-year contract to … Continued

March 3, 2021

SCOTTISH APPRENTICESHIP WEEK 2021

Dylan Cleminson   This week marks Scottish Apprenticeship Week which celebrates and encourages people to consider an apprenticeship as a valuable route to a successful career. This is the path chosen by Dylan, a Highways Apprentice from our South East Team, who was eager to gain hands-on experience in the field whilst studying for his … Continued

March 3, 2021

BEAR SCOTLAND LAUNCHES NEW SCHOLARSHIP FOR CIVIL ENGINEERING STUDENTS

BEAR Scotland honour the memory of former chairman by supporting new industry talent BEAR Scotland has launched a scholarship for civil engineering students at Edinburgh Napier University in memory of former chairman Bill Taylor. From academic year 2021/22 onwards, the Bill Taylor Scholarship (BEAR Scotland) will provide £3400 to support an undergraduate through the latter … Continued

February 10, 2021

DIVERTING M90 TRAFFIC VIA THE FORTH ROAD BRIDGE

To allow the Forth Road Bridge to be used as a diversion route for M90 traffic, emergency crossovers need to be opened to link it to the motorway on either side. This video explains what’s involved and when such a diversion might be implemented.  

January 10, 2021

BEAR Scotland – Keeping Scotland Moving

Learn more about what we do to manage and maintain the Scottish trunk road network on behalf of Transport Scotland in the South East, North East, North West of Scotland.  

November 25, 2020

BEAR SCOTLAND GEARS UP TO TACKLE WINTER WEATHER ACROSS THE NORTH OF SCOTLAND

• ‘Sled Zeppelin’, ‘William Wall-ice’ and ‘Gonnae Snow Dae That’ will help to lead winter charge • 57,500 tonnes of salt ready to treat trunk routes across north of Scotland • Over 180 winter operatives & 24/7 control room help to deliver a dedicated winter service   BEAR Scotland is primed to tackle whatever adverse … Continued