Tips for driving in winter
- Only travel when absolutely necessary
- Allow more time for your journey
- Listen to local and national radio for travel and weather information
- Slow down and leave increased distance between you and the vehicle in front.
Be prepared when travelling. Keep the following in your vehicle:
- Ice scraper
- Warm clothes including gloves and hats
- Food & drink
- High visibility jacket
- First aid kit
- Your tyres are at the correct pressures and have good tread.
- Your vehicle lights are clean and working.
- Your wiper blades are effective.
- Your battery is in good condition and fully charged.
- Your vehicle anti-freeze is the right concentration (Your garage can do this for you).
- Your windows and mirrors are clear of ice or condensation.