Senior Design Engineer (SE)
Upgrade your career and upgrade our Road Network.
The Management of Scotland’s Trunk Roads continues to grow as budgets increase to allow an ambitious upgrade of Scotland critical road infrastructure. At BEAR Scotland, we manage and maintain 2,500km of carriageway and around 3,000 structures bridges through some of the most scenic parts of our country.
We commenced our new 8-12 year Network Management Contract in the South East unit in August 2020 and we are now expanding our team to help deliver the programmes to enhance the network.
Whether you have extensive experience and are ready-made for the role, or you have some experience and you are looking for the opportunity to develop we want to hear from you.
This role is to assist with the design and delivery of our Minor Improvement programme. These improvements to the network will vary from local realignments, widening and strengthening to key upgrades to critical parts of the infrastructure.
Responsibilities and Activities (not limited to):
- Assisting in the day to day management of the Team
- Assisting in managing the Team’s financial and commercial performance
- Overseeing & assist with the delivery of Minor Improvement programme
- Preparation and development of design briefs
- Preparation of designs ensuring compliance with relevant technical standards and taking into account current legislation on Health and Safety, Environment and Accessibility
- Preparation of preliminary and detailed cost estimates
- Ensuring compliance with company’s Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality procedures
- Liaising with key stakeholders
- Manage the programme for individual projects.
- Assist with the delivery of winter maintenance, as required.
- Produce and archive of drawings, documents, and scheme files.
- Comply with technical standards of design and construction.
- Assisting other senior staff as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Current experience/qualification in a relevant discipline, typically at degree level, preferably chartered or working towards MICE or MIHT.
- Previous experience with in a civil engineering environment.
- Must be able to work to strict deadlines.
- Commercial awareness.
- A full approved UK driving licence.