Environmental Advisor/Ecologist – Inverness
BEAR Scotland is a leading provider of highways maintenance services across Scotland. We manage and maintain over 2,500km of trunk road network, tackling a multitude of interesting and challenging tasks of varying complexity to keep Scotland moving.
We take pride in offering a dedicated and flexible approach such that we deliver on our client’s needs and aspirations, and this is underpinned by recruitment, development, and retention of a locally based workforce.
An opportunity has arisen for a suitable candidate to take on the role of Environmental Advisor/Ecologist and you will be Inverness based, working for the NW BEAR Scotland team carrying out environmental assessment of trunk road maintenance activities and projects.
Responsibilities and Activities:
Planning and undertaking ecological field surveys;
- Communicating with environmental regulators and stakeholders;
- Designing and implementing mitigation strategies;
- Report writing, which include Environmental Screening Reports, Record of Determinations, and
- Preparing licence applications which include SEPA, Marine Scotland and SNH licences
Training and Experience:
- Minimum of 2- 4 years of experience in a similar role;
- A degree in environmental sciences, ecology or related field;
- Ecology field survey experience
- Understanding of environmental impacts associated with infrastructure developments;
- Strong team working capabilities as well as the confidence to take responsibility for tasks allocated to you on a more individual basis;
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to apply knowledge into practical schemes;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Capable of managing a challenging workload subject to change at short notice; and
- Driving licence.
- Previous related work experience with an environmental consultancy, an environmental regulator, or relevant industry sector company;
- ECoW experience on construction sites
- Graduate or Full Membership of CIEEM or other relevant professional body.