Cat2 Design Technician – Perth
BEAR Scotland is a leading provider of highways maintenance services across Scotland. We manage and maintain over 2,500km of trunk road network, tackling a multitude of interesting and challenging tasks of varying complexity to keep Scotland moving.
We take pride in offering a dedicated and flexible approach such that we deliver on our client’s needs and aspirations, and this is underpinned by recruitment, development, and retention of a locally based workforce.
An opportunity has arisen for a suitable candidate to take on the role of CAT 2 Design Technician in the Planned Maintenance team of the North West unit.
Reporting to the CAT 1 / 2 Design Team Leader, the CAT 2 Design Technician will design and deliver routine maintenance operations. They will be responsible for taking their assigned schemes from inception to completion, while assisting the CAT 1 / 2 Design Team Leader.
Our ideal candidates should have a good knowledge of current design standards and experience working in accordance with CDM 2015.
Candidates should be qualified to HNC level.
- Responsibilities and Activities:
- Design, preparation and supervision of Routine Maintenance works under the threshold value of £50,000.
- Ensure compliance with health, safety, environmental and quality procedures that form part of the integrated management systems.
- Planning, programming and delivering projects on time and within budget.
- Undertaking designs in accordance with the DMRB & SHW.
- Preparing and delivering operations in compliance with the CDM Regulation 2015
- Preparation and management of scheme and site files.
- Management and supervision of supply chain contractors.
- Management of health and safety requirements for specified schemes.
- Preparation of statement of intent and construction bids.
- Understand traffic management requirements, construction methods, materials and works programming.
- Liaison with stakeholders.
- Supervision of site operations
- Inspection & measurement of completed works
- Comply with all BEAR Scotland policies and procedure.
- Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Working knowledge of Contract Control and Management System.
- Knowledge of current design standards.
- Knowledge of temporary traffic management requirements.
- Ability to comply with relevant Health and Safety legislation.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages and AutoCAD.
- Ability to produce innovative solutions.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Self motivated and pro-active.
- A full approved UK driving license.