An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our growing Asset Management team. We are looking for an Asset Inspector in our Inverness depot.
This role allows applicants an opportunity to gain key highway maintenance skills.
The Asset Inspector will carry out of a range of inspections on the network, this will include monitoring of the network, identifying and conditioning
trunk road assets as well as recording defects.
The main duties are:
▪ Undertake weekly Safety Inspections and Safety Patrols, Detailed Inspections of carriageways and footway and detailed Inspections of
other trunk road inventory items.
▪ Collect and verify roads inventory information.
▪ Carry out condition rating inspections.
▪ Reporting of inaccurate assets and faults with the data and software.
▪ Carry out minor repairs & cyclic maintenance where safe to do so.
▪ Carry out adhoc inspection when required/instructed.
▪ Liaison with members of the public as required.
▪ Maintain vehicles and equipment.
▪ Other duties applicable to the post as directed from time to time by the Asset Team Leader/Asset Manager.
The ideal candidate will have working knowledge of Inspection procedures and Transport Scotland’s Asset Inventory requirements. Have the ability
to work to tight deadlines, work under pressure and possess strong communication, team working and organisation skills.
A full approved driving licence is essential.
For a job description or an online application form, please contact email@example.com or apply on our website at www.bearscot.com.
The closing date for this post is 18th March 2022.