BEAR Scotland is a leading provider of Highway Maintenance services across Scotland. We manage and maintain over 2,500km of Scotland’s trunk road network, tackling just about every imaginable task and working round the clock to help keep Scotland moving.
We take pride in offering a dedicated, flexible approach which supports our clients, underpinned by the recruitment, development, and retention of a locally based workforce.
We have a new opportunity for a Highway Maintenance Operative apprentice to be based at our Corpach depot to assist experienced Highway Maintenance Operatives whilst learning new skills in a hands-on practical role.
- Preparation, application, compaction and removal of soils, rocks, coated and other materials.
- Hot material patching by hand.
- Drainage works, excavation, pipe laying, kerb laying, scrub cutting.
- Installation and fixing of temporary/permanent road furniture.
- Operation of power tools, small plant and machinery.
- Driving vehicles and operating plant including those with simple attachments such as tractors (depending on licence)
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Work towards a recognised apprenticeship (SVQ in Roadworks)
- Additional training will be given in various aspects of the role in order that you have a knowledge of the requirement for Health and Safety rules and procedures
- Can achieve qualifications for using small plant, carrying out traffic management and other specialist activities